The Institute for Solution-Focused Therapy has prepared a course which describes the application of Solution-Focused Therapy to the treatment of trauma, which is one of the most difficult but important areas of psychotherapy. The need for brief, practical techniques to effectively relieve painful and debilitating symptoms of trauma-related disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder, has become increasingly critical in the everyday work of clinicians, counselors, clergy and humanitarian aid workers. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy is particularly well-suited to treat trauma-related disorders as it provides a compassionate, respectful and effective treatment alternative that supports traumatized clients in making positive changes by focusing on the present and the future without requiring them to retell or re-visit painful details of traumatic past events.
- Recall the DSM 5 diagnostic criteria for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Describe the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Approach
- Summarize Compassion, Coping, and Counterbalance as it applies to the solution-focused approach to treating trauma
- Apply the Solution-focused Brief Therapy tenets to the treatment of trauma
- Apply the common Solution-Focused Brief Therapy interventions and techniques to the treatment of trauma
- Recall the evidence supporting the effectiveness of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy for the treatment of trauma
There will be a 30-item multiple-choice test which is designed to assess your understanding and ability to apply the course material. You may take the exam multiple times until you pass the exam.
Certificate of Completion
After you have completed all of the sections, passed each of the section exams, and completed the course evaluation, you will receive your certificate of completion for the course. You will be able to save and print the certificate.
The Institute for Solution Focused Therapy offers continuing education hours/credits for the following professions:
Students are always encouraged to check with their professional licensing boards to make sure that a specific course will be accepted toward their continuing education requirements.
To receive continuing education hours, the student must:
- Enroll in the course
- Read the leaning content
- Watch the entire online lecture
- Complete the course exam, and receive a passing grade of 80%
- Complete the course evaluation
Upon successful completion of the course, the student may download and print his or her Certificate of Completion.
Once enrolled, you may begin your course at any time and it does not expire.
Our complete policy and cancellation information can be viewed here.
Instructors and Authors