Solution-Focused Brief Crisis and Trauma Interventions Course
The Solution-Focused Crisis and Trauma Interventions course provides transdisciplinary, practical, and evidence-based skills to prepare practitioners for sudden and unpredictable crises. Millions of medical professionals, first-responders, and a multiplicity of other providers respond to crises. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy is well-suited to treat trauma-related conditions as it provides a brief, compassionate, and effective treatment that supports traumatized individuals to make positive changes. This course teaches actionable interventions without requiring painful retelling of details and past traumatic events.
This course includes an overview of Solution-focused crisis and trauma interventions and a variety of written case studies utilizing core solution-focused (SF) techniques. Video lectures and over a dozen demonstrations complement each of the seven sections. Taken together, this course provides practical guidance and “how-to” techniques to give practitioners the confidence and SF skills they need to immediately benefit current and future clients.
Last Updated: June 2022
Target Audience: Social workers, psychologists, mental health counselors, educators, and medical professionals; appropriate for all levels of knowledge.
The specific Learning Objectives of the course are as follows. After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Describe principles of solution-focused crisis interventions
- Describe the key solution-focused skills that enhance engagement in the context of crisis and trauma
- Illustrate skills that facilitate the negotiation of goals and how to maintain a solution-focused conversation while gathering assessment information in the context of crisis and trauma
- Demonstrate solution-focused scaling techniques in the context of crisis and trauma
- Apply solution-focused safety assessment interventions in the context of crisis and trauma
- Apply solution-focused interventions in follow-up sessions in the context of trauma and crisis
This course consists of the following components. The program must be completed in order and your certificate of completion will only be given once all components are complete.
- Course Introduction
- Written Material (PDF)
- Video Lecture
- Exam Instructions and Exam Preview
- Course Exam
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate of Completion
There will be a 68-item exam that is designed to assess your understanding and ability to apply the course material. You may take the exam multiple times until you pass the exam.
Certificate of Completion
After you have completed all of the sections, passed each of the section exams, and completed the course evaluation, you will receive your certificate of completion for the course. You will be able to save and print the certificate.
8.5 CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for this course.
Please see our Continuing Education Information page for information about CE credits and clock hours, and our accreditations and approvals for psychologists, social workers, counselors, and marriage & family therapists.
Students should check with their professional licensing boards to make sure that a specific course will be accepted toward their continuing education requirements.
To receive continuing education hours, the student must:
- Enroll in the course
- Read the leaning content
- Watch the entire online lecture
- Complete the course exam, and receive a passing grade of 80%
- Complete the course evaluation
Upon successful completion of the course, the student may download and print his or her Certificate of Completion.
Once enrolled, you may begin your course at any time.