This course is designed to provide a “taste” of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy. It offers agencies an opportunity to be introduced to the approach and consider further training if interested. This course provides a 2-hour live interactive session with opportunities for participants to pose questions, clarify ideas, and broaden perspectives.
This course will be taken along with the online, self-paced Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: An Introduction to the Pragmatics of Hope.
- Discuss SFBT as a significant paradigm shift in the field of mental health treatment
- Describe the major tenets underlying SFBT
- Recognize the major and specific SFBT interventions
Participants will be assessed in the following manner:
- Class Participation: Students are invited to clarify things they do not understand, pose questions, offer ideas, and broaden perspectives.
2 CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for this live course. To receive continuing education hours, the student must attend each live session, participate completely with all activities, and complete the course evaluation.
3 CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for the accompanying self-paced online course Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: An Introduction to the Pragmatics of Hope.
Students are always encouraged to check with their professional licensing boards to make sure that a specific course will be accepted toward their continuing education requirements.
To receive continuing education hours, the student must:
- Enroll in the course
- Read the leaning content
- Watch the entire online lecture
- Complete the course exam, and receive a passing grade of 80%
- Complete the course evaluation
Upon successful completion of the course, the student may download and print his or her Certificate of Completion.
Once enrolled, you may begin your course at any time and it does not expire.
Our complete policy and cancellation information can be viewed here.
Instructors and Authors