This is our most complete and comprehensive self-paced, online program and includes a ten-part video lecture series, scores of video demonstrations, textbook readings, case studies, other readings, and section exams. This course provides an intensive investigation of the foundational knowledge, training and practice in the Solution-Focused approach. The course reviews history of the evolution of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, the philosophical underpinnings and major tenets of the approach, the core therapeutic elements of this approach, the applications of the approach to different settings, populations, and presenting problems, and reviews current empirical evidence supporting it.
A required textbook is included with the price of this course: “Learning Solution-Focused Therapy: An Illustrated Guide”. The text itself has links to 30 clinical demonstration video vignettes, in addition to the demonstration videos embedded in the course lectures.
- Recall the history of the development of the Solution-Focused approach
- Recall the philosophical underpinnings and major tenets of the Solution-Focused approach
- Describe principles of solution development and how this differs from problem solving
- Describe solution-focused skills that enhance engagement and the therapeutic alliance
- Illustrate skills that facilitate the negotiation of goals and how to maintain a solution- focused conversation while gathering required clinical information
- Apply solution-focused practices to different settings, populations, and presenting problems
- Recall the current empirical evidence supporting different solution-focused practices
There will be 10 section exams, consisting of 15-item multiple-choice which is designed to assess your understanding and ability to apply the course material. You may take the exam multiple times until you pass the exam.
Certificate of Completion
After you have completed all of the sections, passed each of the section exams, and completed the course evaluation, you will receive your certificate of completion for the course. You will be able to save and print the certificate.
The Institute for Solution Focused Therapy offers continuing education hours/credits for the following professions:
Students are always encouraged to check with their professional licensing boards to make sure that a specific course will be accepted toward their continuing education requirements.
To receive continuing education hours, the student must:
- Enroll in the course
- Read the leaning content
- Watch the entire online lecture
- Complete the course exam, and receive a passing grade of 80%
- Complete the course evaluation
Upon successful completion of the course, the student may download and print his or her Certificate of Completion.
Once enrolled, you may begin your course at any time and it does not expire.
Our complete policy and cancellation information can be viewed here.
Instructors and Authors