The most effective way for behavioral health organization staff to sustain and strengthen solution-focused skills is to have ongoing intensive guided practice. This course is designed to provide 2-hour live-online experiential training sessions tailored to individual agency needs, mandates, and targeted clinical populations under the guidance of a master solution-focused practitioner and trainer.
The number of enhancement sessions will be customized based on the agency’s needs. The course includes interactive teaching, personal and professional training practice exercises, case presentations, and role-plays. This course requires completing the Solution-Focused Skills and Practice for Agencies (Basic or Advance).
Last Updated: June 2022
Target Audience: Social workers, psychologists, mental health counselors, educators, and medical professionals appropriate for intermediate levels of knowledge.
- Demonstrate fluency in core solution-focused questions
- Demonstrate the use of evidenced-based compliments
- Demonstrate how to discover and amplify positive differences/exceptions using solution-focused questions
- Illustrate building a shared dialect incorporating client and solution-focused language
- Illustrate skills that facilitate the negotiation of goals and how to maintain a solution- focused conversation while gathering required clinical information.
- Integrate solution-focused safety questions within a case
- Apply solution-focused practices to work setting interactions or particular area of interest
Participants will be assessed in the following manner:
- Class Participation: Students are invited to clarify things they do not understand, pose questions, offer ideas, and broaden perspectives.
TBD CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for this live course. To receive continuing education hours, the student must attend each live session, participate completely with all activities, and complete the course evaluation.
CE Credit/Clock Hours are determined based on the enhancement training plan.
Please see our Continuing Education Information page for information about CE credits and clock hours, and our accreditations and approvals for psychologists, social workers, counselors, and marriage & family therapists.
Students should check with their professional licensing boards to make certain that a specific course will be accepted toward their continuing education requirements.
To receive continuing education hours, the student must attend the entire online presentation, engage in all activities, and complete the course evaluation.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be given instructions on how to download and print their Certificates of Completion.
For More Information
Pricing varies according to agency needs. Please contact us and consider scheduling a pre-training agency consultation.
Instructors and Authors