The most effective way for behavioral health organization staff to sustain and strengthen solution-focused skills is to have ongoing intensive guided practice. This course is designed to provide 2-hour live-online experiential training sessions tailored to individual agency needs, mandates and targeted clinical populations under the guidance of a master solution-focused practitioner and trainer.
The number of enhancement sessions will be customized based on the needs of the agency. The course includes interactive teaching, personal and professional training practice exercises, case presentations, and role-plays. This course requires the completion of the Solution-Focused Skills and Practice for Agencies (Basic or Plus).
- Demonstrate fluency in core solution-focused questions
- Demonstrate the use of evidenced-based compliments
- Demonstrate how to discover and amplify positive differences/exceptions using solution-focused questions
- Illustrate building a shared dialect incorporating client and solution-focused language
- Illustrate skills that facilitate the negotiation of goals and how to maintain a solution- focused conversation while gathering required clinical information.
- Integrate solution-focused safety questions within a case
- Apply solution-focused practices to work setting interactions or particular area of interest
Participants will be assessed in the following manner:
- Class Participation: Students are invited to clarify things they do not understand, pose questions, offer ideas, and broaden perspectives.
- Written Log/Journal: Participants are encouraged to keep a written log of practice exercises provided following each session and discussed at the subsequent session.
TBD CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for this live course. To receive continuing education hours, the student must attend each live session, participate completely with all activities, and complete the course evaluation.
Our complete policy and cancellation information can be viewed here.
For More Information
Pricing varies according to agency needs. Please contact us and consider scheduling a pre-training agency consultation.
Instructors and Authors