INSTITUTE FOR SOLUTION-FOCUSED THERAPY, LLC
The Institute for Solution-Focused Therapy (ISFT) is committed to respecting diversity and understands the importance of diverse input on the content it creates. We have brought together a course advisory board to ensure we continue publishing courses of the highest quality, research-informed, and clinically focused. We have assembled a racially diverse transdisciplinary board including physicians, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and licensed mental health professionals from various cultures, genders, and ethnic backgrounds. Our culturally sensitive clinicians work with diverse populations and have expertise in research, training, education, and clinical practice.
We are ever-working to ensure the content that we provide is respectful of all individuals accepting of their age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ability, language, and socioeconomic status.
We have the following procedure in place to do our best to address diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
- We have quarterly meetings that gather our course advisory board members and discuss how diversity is addressed in our programming.
- Our course advisory board comes from racially underrepresented and diverse backgrounds, cultures, and genders.
- We have a team of Spanish translators from diverse Spanish backgrounds to ensure that the courses, videos, and articles we have translated into Spanish are linguistically, culturally, and clinically appropriate.
- We have developed video-role plays that address diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in hopes of promoting conversations that enhance DEI.
- Our case examples and video role-plays within courses attempt to include diverse populations and issues relevant to underrepresented and differing cultures, ethnicities, and genders.
- We review course and training evaluations, including obtaining feedback about meeting diversity needs.
- We make changes to our programming based on ongoing feedback and evaluations.
ISFT will do its best to:
- Promote an inclusive community for individuals and organizations in which diversity is valued for all and all have the opportunity to share their input and experiences in a respectful manner accepting of their age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
- Continue to foster program content and courses from diverse clinical, client, and general population perspectives in hopes of creating well-rounded, inclusive, and diverse programming.
- Value each individual’s input and experiences and recognize them respectfully and without bias, gathering information through course evaluations and open lines of communication provided to all on our website.
- Meet regularly as a team to directly discuss and incorporate any feedback to ensure our courses continue to be informed by the principles of social justice, inclusivity, and equality.
The Institute for Solution-Focused Therapy understands that each individual will experience the courses we offer differently and is committed to learning from their feedback. We understand that embracing diversity, especially in the mental health field, is an ongoing process, and we are responsible for actively listening to our participants and incorporating their feedback. We understand that feedback may change over time, and we must adapt to ensure we hold ourselves to the highest standards.