Advanced Solution-Focused Skills and Practice for Agencies provides practical skills and opportunities to practice more advanced solution-focused skills, enhancing the clinician’s mastery and confidence in the Solution-Focused approach.
This course is an online, live (synchronous), lecture, and practice-based course. The course provides six, 2-hour bi-monthly group sessions with live interactive teaching, personal and professional training exercises, case presentations, and role-plays demonstrating how to apply the solution-focused approach in different clinical settings.
- Demonstrate solution-focused skills that enhance engagement and the therapeutic alliance with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
- Demonstrate fluency in the core solution-focused interventions with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
- Demonstrate skills that facilitate the negotiation of goals and how to maintain a solution-focused conversation while gathering required clinical information with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
- Demonstrate Solution-Focused Safety Assessments with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
- Demonstrate Solution-Focused Consultation Skills with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
- Illustrate Solution-Focused clinical supervision skills with diverse clinical presentations and diverse populations
Participants will be assessed in the following manner:
- Class Participation: Discussions, practice exercises, and participation invite participants to learn from one another. By sharing your knowledge, perspectives, and experiences, as well as challenging one another in respectful ways, you will strengthen your understanding of the course material. Participants are invited to clarify things they do not understand, pose questions, offer ideas, and broaden perspectives.
- Participant Presentation: At the end of the course, participants will be invited to share a presentation exemplifying how they have integrated Solution-Focused practices in their work. Our hope is for participants to become an expert on a particular aspect of Solution-Focused practice relative to their particular area of professional expertise.
12 Instructional/CE Hours
12 CE Credit/Clock Hours are available for this live course. To receive continuing education hours, the student must attend each live session, participate completely with all activities, and complete the course evaluation.
Once enrolled, you may begin your course at any time and it does not expire.
Our complete policy and cancellation information can be viewed here.
For More Information
Pricing varies according to agency needs. Please contact us and consider scheduling a pre-training agency consultation.
Instructors and Authors